The 14th Cambridge Scouts – Program – Autumn 2014
This is what the 14th Cambridge Scouts have done during Autumn 2014 term.
- 08-20/08/2014 – EVENT – Where the Ely Dare – Austria
High rope tree top adventure course, Summer toboggan run, Visit to Salzburg
Castles, Salt mines, Ice caves, A range of Scouting activities with Scouts from different countries.
An opportunity to make new friends, A chance to sample the Austrian life-style
An opportunity to gain the Scout Global Challenge Award and the International Group Award.
- 12/09/2014 – Riverside Walk to Grantchester
- 19-21/09/2014 – EVENT – Survival Camping Weekend
Survival Camping weekend from 19/09 to 21/09 at Copley Campsite in St Ives. Introduction to survival skills and pioneering badge. Friday night sleep in a tent. Saturday learn to survive like Bear Grylls: build your own shelter, sleep in it …
- 26/09/2014 – Cabinet of Curiosities art project
Art project towards Creative Challenge
Do you have a curious object or thing?
Bring it along to Jane’s bright blue caravan studio
She will make a cyanotype (one of the earliest forms of photograph) of it before your very eyes.
- 03/10/2014 – Parent Evening – Austria Expedition & Future
- 10/10/2014 – Pizzas Challenge Evening
Four parents make some pizzas in their house. Find the parent houses, taste the pizzas and rate them.
- 17/10/2014 – Jumble Sale Preparation
The sale is organised to raise money for the 14th Cambridge group.
- 18/10/2014 – Jumble Sale
Help out making tea, help selling cakes or help looking after a stand to raise money for the 14th
- 24/10/2014 – Winter Camp equipment and Halloween Games
- 24-26/10/2014 – EVENT – Peak district weekend – (12-14 years old) ONLY
Peak district weekend with 26th Cambridge. Older scouts (12-14 years old) ONLY. This is an opportunity to add some climbs to get your climbing badge.
- 07/11/2014 – World War I remembered
Reflecting on World War I for Remembrance Sunday.
Does anyone have any family stories?
- 09/11/2014: Remembrance Sunday Parade
- 14/11/2014 – IT badge
- 21/11/2014 – Fitness Challenge and WII sport
TOOLS: Exercise/Camping mat, Water bottle, Comfortable clothes (No scout uniform)
This is an opportunity to practice a fitness routine to improve your core.
You will also learn about the importance of a sensible and appropriate diet, and the need for sufficient sleep.
Additionally: Scouts will be able to play Wii sport games.
- 28/11/2014 – Scouts run evening & Bring your craft
Each patrol leader has three weeks to prepare an activity to be run on that particular evening.
Friday 28th November will be an opportunity for the scouts to bring some the craft that they may be have been working on or talk about their hobbies.
- 29/11/2014: EVENT – District Night Hike
The night hike will be a great opportunity to find direction at night. It will also allow the scouts to meet and make new friends with other scouts from the Cambridge district.
- 05/12/2014 – Emergency rescue
How to treat fracture, have a go at making arm slings, arm bandage, head bandage and build ad-hoc stretcher.
- 06/12/2014 – EVENT – Fencing & Climbing at Mepal Outdoor Centre
On guard! Foil Fencing and indoor Climbing at Mepal Out Centre
- 12/12/2014 – Movie night & Xmas celebration St Luke’s