This is what the 14th Cambridge Scouts have done during Winter 2015 term.
- 09-11/01/2015 – EVENT – Gilwell Winter Camp 09-11/01/15
Air rifle shooting, Quad biking/Tank driving, Laser/Quasar games, Digger driving, Laser clay pigeon, White
water rafting, Disco, Climbing, High ropes …
- 16/01/2015 – Code of Conduct 2015
- 23/01/2015 – First Aid (Outdoor / Outdoor Plus Challenge)
First aid for outdoor challenge, outdoor plus challenge & survival badges.
- 30/01/2015 – First Aid (Continued) – Craft evening (e.g. Cane Balista)
- 04/02/2015 – Planning a game – PLs/APLs ONLY
Learn how to plan and run a game at scouts this Friday. This is a get together beforehand to plan it.
- 06/02/2015 – Manor Care Home Visit
Children that would like to perform a song, piece of music, joke, magic trick
After that a couple of children pairs up with a resident and shares with them their hobby/craft
- 13/02/2015 – DIY flagpole, wire a plug
- 20/02/2015 – NO SCOUTS – Half Term Holidays
- 24/02/2015 – Mini Incident Hike with 27th Troop – PLs/APLs ONLY
- 27/02/2015 – Advanced Map reading & games
Grid reference revision, back bearing, triangulation, walk around obstacles
- 06/03/2015 – Scavenger Hunt – FORWARD Incident Hike
- 07/03/2015 – EVENT – FORWARD Incident Hike 2015
Each scout from the 14th will be rewarded with an emergency whistle at the beginning of the hike.
- 13/03/2015 – Electronics
- 20/03/2015 – Cambridge Observatory
- 24/03/2015 – Jumble collection in Hurst Park area (Parents and older children)
- 26/03/2015 – Jumble collection in Gilbert Road area (Parents and older children)
- 27/03/2015 – Jumble Sale Preparation & Wide game in the park
- 28/03/2015 – EVENT – Jumble Sale – March 2015 – Parents andchildren welcome
- 03/04/2015 – NO SCOUTS – Easter Holidays
- 10/04/2015 – EVENT – County incident hike – 10-12 April 2015
Teams of 4 to 6 Scouts and Explorers will use GPS to navigate a route covering approximately 15 miles over two days to find purpose laid geocache. Along the way they will need to work as a team to deal with incidents they encounter and challenges they will be faced with, including crossing rivers, making and firing rockets, boiling water using a stove they will have to make, some gory first aid incidents and more.